Photo shoots help you vividly remember special moments and share them with friends and family. This is especially true for your first polo experience, which is why we want to help with these great horse photography tips.
– Feeling comfortable with horses. If you are not used to riding, it is important that you first feel comfortable on a horse. Take your time to become familiar with the horse and the riding movements and techniques. These animals can smell fear or anxiety. If you feel uncomfortable, they will probably become nervous.
– Pay attention to safety. This is connected with the previous tip. Take some time to get to know your horse. Pay attention to how the horse reacts to your behavior. Keep both hands on the rains until you really feel comfortable and safe.
– Try to avoid flash. If you are not used to horse photography, you should avoid using flash. Try natural light instead. It will help you play with shapes and colors even close to horses. The drawback of flash is that some horses can become nervous by the sudden light.
– Pay attention to details. Horses are majestic animals with lots of details passing unnoticed. You can take great photos by capturing details such as horses’ eyes, main or ears. The possibilities are endless!
– Select the right camera settings. Burst mode and continuous focus are highly recommended for animal photography. These settings are especially useful while horses are running or playing. They help you capture every movement they make.