Despite being considered one of the most useful animals for man, we know little about the characteristics of horses.
1. The teeth of the horses never stop growing, and thanks to this their age can be determined. As they grow, they move forward, creating specific dark spots in the center that determine the years.
2. The equine eye is the largest of all terrestrial mammals, and is “monocular,” that is, it allows you to see your environment on both sides with either of them. He has two blind spots, one in front of his forehead and one in the opposite part.
3. They drink approximately 25 liters of water a day, even reaching 40. This will depend on the weather, the season, their physical activity, the type of food, etc …
4. At birth, the horse’s legs are 90% the size they will reach as adults. In addition, he has the ability to run just a few hours after his birth. And when it comes to running, the horses gallop at an average speed of 44 km / h, although the speed record is 88 km / h.
5. They are very curious animals because of their instinct and sociable, they don’t like to be alone. In fact, horses mourn the death of a partner.